Here’s what I’ve been up to recently.
July 5, 2016
- Wrapping up the next issue of Creativity for Introverts before I go back to school. (It’s almost done.)
- Creating copies of my new perzine, Exciteshroom. I went kind of overboard with this one and I’m printing 27 very pretty ones, which I think I’m going to send to Freedom APA (after I check to make sure 27 copies is enough), but then I’ll print less pretty ones for trade. The less pretty ones will look the exact same except for the covers. I am pouring my heart and soul into this zine, which is documenting my experience as a 30-something person with lots of emotions. Even if no one else ends up caring, I’m pretty excited about it.
- Get Messy – it’s actually pretty crazy but I am keeping up with art journaling these days. I think it helps a lot that the prompts for this ‘season’ are all based on introspective themes. I’ve had a lot to work through in the last few months.
- Reading zines. I started keeping track of them this year finally so I will stop reading the same zines I’ve already read.
- Budgeting! Like an actual adult person! I don’t know what’s happening to me, but I’m really interested in getting smarter about money.
- Considering a move to Maryland. I’ve been househunting and I don’t know how far into Maryland to go — closer to work, or closer to the VA state line? There are a lot of things to consider either way, one of the main things being safety since I’ll be living alone.
I know you see this statement on a lot of sites and it’s very annoying to read, but I’ll be back in full form… soon. I’m building a few things in the background here and there (including dedicating effort to the list above) and it’s taking more time than expected.
Here are some sites you can visit right now, though:
- zines – a listing of all the zines I’ve ever made even if you can’t find them anywhere
- mail – this is basically not something I ever update but I do sometimes add pretty mail things here